Did you know that the name Mackenzie was voted for by the our Alumnae and that the 'Mac' is for all Mac girls when she was created as the friendly ICHSAA mascot!
Frequently asked questions...
1. I am a graduate of ICHS, am I automatically a member of the alumnae association?
Every graduate of ICHS is an alumna. An alumna is automatically eligible for membership in the ICHSAA. However, one only becomes a voting member at our Annual General Meeting, if they have completed the membership form, and paid the annual dues of $2000 JMD. Alumnae who are enrolled in school receive a 50% discount on dues and therefore pay only $1000 per annum.
2. How can I get involved?
Alumnae are invited to join the Association each year at a special function held in honour just before their graduation.
There is a three step process to join the prestigious ICHS Alumnae Association:
a. Complete a membership form. These can be done at the following link: http://tiny.cc/ichsalumformja/ or by collecting a form from the ICHS Convent at the front desk. Physical forms should be returned to the ICHS Convent Front Desk.
c. Pay your yearly dues of $2000 (or $1000 for students).
d. Participate in a minimum of two activities per year, in order to be considered an active member.
3. Do I have to be rich and successful to join?
Quite the contrary! We are looking for all past students with a genuine passion for ICHS. Our active membership ranges from sixth formers to retirees, with each individual being needed. If you have a few hours to spare a month and a passion for your school, that is all we need.
4. Why should I join?
• Being an alumna gives you the opportunity to continue being a part of the ICHS community.
• This is an opportunity to network with individuals from every walk of life – as we all know, ICHS ladies are everywhere.
• Was there a skill which you wanted to hone – public speaking? social media management? There is no better opportunity, to get practical experience.
• In search of volunteerism opportunities? We are active in our community, both within school and out of school.
• Do you desire a sisterhood? A closer sisterhood cannot be found than this! It is a way of renewing friendships, sharing ideas, fellowship, and giving back to our school and community at large; as well as, to expand your network and connect with like-minded professionals through international, regional, and local events.
5. I am overseas, can I still join?
We have chapters around the world. Visit our Chapters tab for more information.
6. What would I do, as a member of the alumnae association?
We have monthly planning meetings, usually held the second Sunday of each month, except August. Attending these meetings usually provides inspiration as to where your skills are needed. Each month, we typically have at least two events. These include Big Sister visits, bake sales, social outings, creative activities, membership recruitment and visits to Ozanam Home for the Aged. No two months will ever be alike. This is one opportunity to be mentored, while mentoring. Our photo album should also give insight into what we do.
7. How can I get a ICHS Alumnae Association credit card?
The ICHS Alumnae Association partners with a local bank, First Global Bank, to present to you the FGB Affinity Card. With this card, 1% of your expenditure on the credit card goes to our Alma Mater. This is an easy way to give back to your school.
Applications are now open for the FGB Affinity Credit Card. Please click the image below for more information.